- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 10 tb butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tb butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum
1. Grate the zest from the lemon.
2. Mix lemon zest, egg, egg yolk, sugar and salt in pastry bowl.
3. Beat mixture. Add butter, then the flour.
4. Hand work pastry. Roll into a ball, fridgerate for 1 hour.
5. Combine milk and vanilla in saucepan, bring to a boil.
6. Beat sugar and egg yolks. Stir in flour and rum. Slowly add hot milk. Heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat. Stir mixture. Remove from heat when the cream begins to boil. Add the butter. Let cream cool.
7. Preheat oven to 380 F (200 C).
8. Butter round cake pan. Roll out two third of the pastry. Line the bottom and sides. Fill with cream. Cover with the remaining pastry.
9. Beat an egg to brush over the top of the cake.
10. Oven bake for 45 min.
45 min prep / 45 min to Cook